Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Taco Night! Raw Vegan Walnut Mushroom Filling and more

Raw Vegan Tacos and Dip
 
I'm going to get right to the recipes as I'm a bit short on time, so I'll just let you look at the yummy pictures.
 
Raw Vegan Tacos with Baby Romaine
 
However, I will say that it's taken me a while to post more of my raw vegan Mexican food because, just like when I used to cook, I never measured - especially when it came to Mexican food.  Anyway, I finally did. 
 
Raw Vegan Tacos with my Soft Spicy Corn Tortillas
 
Walnut Mushroom Taco Filling - raw & vegan
(for my nut-free version, go here)
 
1 heaping cup walnuts
2 1/2 cups quartered baby portobellos (8oz package)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp ancho chili powder (I typically use more)
1 tsp smoked cumin powder
1/2 Tbs Braggs liquid aminos (or Tamari)
 
Put all ingredients in order into food processor and pulse process until you have small bits that resemble taco meat.  Don't over process or you will end up with pate.  This will be light in color, but will darken after a little while. 
 
Store in fridge for a couple hours to let the ingredients mingle or eat immediately.  This is best when eaten fresh, but will last in the fridge for one extra day.
 
Note:  I change this recipe up almost every time I make it by adding other spices, increasing the heat, etc.  It's very versatile, so adjust to your taste buds.
 
For the rest of the recipes you can find them here:
 
My pico de gallo will be in the next post.
 
Peace☮
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki