Sunday, August 10, 2014

Dragon Fruit Delight Smoothie Parfait

Dragon Fruit Smoothie Parfait

Every time I turned around, Dragon Fruit was everywhere on Instagram.  Except in my hands.  I was so wanting to try this fruit that I looked everywhere for months on end, but no luck.  Then I won a tropical fruit box that was filled to the brim with delicious fruit which I had never tried before or even seen in person.

And there it was... wrapped up so sweetly.  A single Dragon Fruit.

Buddha with Dragon Fruit

I actually jumped up and down with excitement.  Okay, actually I screamed like a little girl.  Out loud.  I'm sure my neighbors all heard me.

Anyway, I waited until the very last minute of ripeness to try this fruit.  Mark and I each took a taste and, to be perfectly honest, it was just okay.  It wasn't horrible mind you and had an okay taste factor, but perhaps I put too much into my pursuit of this interesting fruit and expected fireworks.  So I made us a couple smoothie parfaits with it and they were quite delicious. 

In any case, I finally got to try Dragon Fruit, and for that I am thankful.

Dragon Fruit Delight

Bottom layer:
1 1/2 cups strawberries
2 frozen ripe bananas
1 cup coconut water (adjust as needed)

Blend in high powered blender, pour into 2 glasses and set in freezer while making the next layer.

Top layer:
1 Dragon Fruit
1 frozen ripe banana

Blend well.  Remove glasses from freezer.  Gently pour or scoop onto the bottom layer of both glasses.  I garnished ours with chopped strawberries, coconut shreds and dragon fruit.

Enjoy!
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki