Monday, June 16, 2014

Raw Vegan Cacao Beetroot Cake with Fudge Frosting

Raw Vegan Beetroot Cupcake with Fudge Frosting

I've been seeing a variety of beetroot cakes lately and they look so darn good!  So after becoming inspired, I decided to create my own version - and came up with this super delicious recipe.

I made a few mini cupcakes to try it out first and then made a small cake for Mark's work - it was for this months birthday celebration and the theme was Chocolate.  And boy oh boy you should have seen the sea of chocolate there! (drool).


Raw Vegan Beetroot Cake with Fudge Frosting

The cake was moist, flavorful and held together nicely.  I'm going to make a few changes next time I make it, but my current recipe is truly quite delicious. 

You really don't need a frosting or icing for this melt in your mouth cake, but hey... I had to continue on with the Chocolate theme, right?  I didn't want a nut base frosting, so I played around and came up with my WOW THIS IS AWESOME Fudge Frosting. 

Now that my mouth is watering and I'm wanting chocolate, I'll move on to my recipe. 

Raw Vegan Cacao Beetroot Cake with Fudge Frosting
makes one 7x5 cake

1 1/2 cups brazil nuts
1 cup medjool dates soaked in fresh water and drained (reserve soak water)
1 cup grated beetroot
1/3 cup plus 1 Tbs cacao powder
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbs agave
pinch sea salt

Place brazil nuts in food processor and process to nut flour, but do not over process (there will be little bits). Transfer the nut flour to a bowl and set aside.

Add the softened dates and grated beetroot to processor and process until combined.  Add in the remaining ingredients and the nut flour then process until well combined.  If mixture is too dry, add in some of the date soak water 1 TBS at a time and pulse process.   

Press mixture into a lined 7x5 glass pan and place uncovered in fridge for at least 90 minutes or until firm.  Can be enjoyed with or without the frosting. 

Fudge Frosting
6-8 medjool dates soaked in fresh water and drained (reserve soak water)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup cacao
1 Tbs agave
4 Tbs date soak water
pinch of sea salt

Put all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth and creamy.  It will be like a thick frosting, but creamy.  If mixture is too thick add in more date soak water 1 TBS at a time until desired consistency.

Store cake in fridge for up to 5 days.

Peace☮
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki