Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Green Chocolate Smoothie - Raw and Vegan

Green Chocolate Smoothie

Green smoothies pretty much rock my mornings.  Chocolate (cacao) smoothies rock my afternoons.  Put them together and oh my gosh!  Pure bliss. 

Chocolate, meet green.  That's exactly what I did with this smoothie and let me tell you... it was SO yummy that I practically licked the mug clean!  Okay okay, so I really licked it clean ;) 

Green Chocolate Smoothie

Green Layer:
1 cup zucchini, roughly chopped
1 handful baby spinach
2 dates
1 large frozen banana
1 Tbs flax meal
1 1/2 Tbs cacao powder
1/4 cup water (adjust as needed)

Blend in powerful blender.  Transfer to separate container and put in freezer while making next later.

Creamy Layer:
1 large frozen banana
1 heaping Tbs almond butter
1/4 cup water (adjust as needed)

Blend well.  Layer in tall glass as you wish and enjoy.  I topped mine with cacao nibs for a bit of crunch, but it's seriously yummielicous as is.

Peace☮
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki