Saturday, May 31, 2014

A&J Smoothie - Almond Butter and Jam

Smoothie - Almond Butter and Jam

The other day I was dreaming of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  So I created this thick and delicious healthy smoothie!  But instead of a P&J, this one is A&J -  without the bread.  Creamy almond butter and lick my lips blueberry grape jam.

I don't use too many nuts in my smoothies, but a little here and there is perfect for me.  Besides, it's kind of hard to create a A&J smoothie without them. 

A&J Smoothie - Almond Butter and Jam
 
Jam Swirls
1 cup blueberries
1 cup red grapes
1 very small banana

Blend, pour into separate container and put in freezer while making next layer.

Almond Butter Layer
1 frozen banana
1 non-frozen banana
1 heaping TBS almond butter
1/2 cup water or milk of choice (adjust as needed)

Blend in powerful blender.  Alternate each layer in a tall glass as you wish and enjoy!

Peace☮
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki