Saturday, April 26, 2014

Strawberry Mint Swirl Smoothie - Raw and Vegan

Strawberry Mint Smoothie

When I have a little extra time in the mornings I enjoy being creative with my smoothies.  I love to do layers with different fruits and greens, from simple to elegant.  This one was rather simple in looks, but the taste had a definite WOW factor!

Strawberry Mint Swirl Smoothie Mint

Cream Layer:
2 cold ripe bananas
3-4 mint leaves
1/4 cup hemp milk (or milk of choice)
1 tsp Matcha (optional)

Blend all ingredients, pour into a separate container and put in freezer while making the next layer.

Reddish Pink layer:
1 handful strawberries - about 1 1/2 cups
1/2 small beet
1 small frozen ripe banana

Blend all ingredients.

Alternately pour each layer in a tall glass and give a little swirl after each layer.  I topped mine with mint and a few nibbles of my fudge brownie, which is completely optional.

Peace☮
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki