Sunday, April 27, 2014

Raw Dessert: Chia Coconut Cinnamon Chocolate Strawberry Parfait

Raw Vegan Dessert


This is one of my gourmet style desserts that is very easy to make.  I love when I have time to be creative. 

There are 6 layers in this delicious, healthy and guilt-free raw vegan dessert.  From bottom up they are: cinnamon chocolate mousse (can't see in the photo), coconut chia pudding, cacao nibs, strawberries, cinnamon chocolate mousse and coconut chia pudding - topped with more cinnamon chocolate, cacao nibs and a ring of coconut shreds.

 Yes.  This is guilt-free and loaded with nutritious yumminess!


Coconut Cinnamon Chocolate Strawberry Parfait

This may look more difficult than it actually is, but it's really quite simple.  The only time consuming part is letting the chia chill (that's fun to say!).  I typically make my chia pudding in the evening and let it chill overnight.  Or you could make it in the morning and let it chill several hours until pudding consistency.  
 
I'll skip the chatter and get right to my recipe.  Well, unless you want me to tell you how my day went and... um, okay.  I get the hint ;)  On with the recipe.
 
Chia Coconut Cinnamon Chocolate Strawberry Parfait
serves 2

Cinnamon Chocolate Mousse
1 large avocado
1 Tbs hemp seeds
2 Tbs cacao powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 Tbs coconut oil
2 1/2 Tbs agave
1/4 cup coconut milk

Blend until smooth and creamy.  Best when chilled for at least 60 minutes or longer.

Coconut Chia Pudding
3 Tbs chia seeds
1 1/2 cups coconut milk - not cream (or almond milk is fine)
Stir several times so that there are no clumps and chill for at least 6 hours for a pudding consistency (I make it the night before and let it chill over night).  I periodically stir the first couple hours.

Use desired amounts of the following:
Chopped strawberries
Dried shredded coconut (I use unsweetened)
Cacao nibs (or chocolate chips of choice)

Layer in serving dishes as I have or be creative and layer as you wish.  Enjoy!

Peace ☮
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki