Sunday, March 2, 2014

Raw Ranch Dressing or Dip - Vegan and Gluten-Free

Raw Vegan Ranch Dressing or Dip

I'm really happy that I started my new blog, even though it still looks empty.  But no worries!  I will continue to transfer recipes from my old blog over to this one, along with adding all my other recipes.

We eat a lot of HUGE salads daily as well as other raw vegan yummies.  Mark loves salad dressing and me, well I can take it or leave it depending on the salad I make.  Through trial and error, we're both very happy with the dressings I've converted over to raw so far.  For instance, my Raw Vegan Ranch Dressing, which works quite well as a dip too!  This is also entirely nut-free, gluten-free (as all my recipes) and soy-free.

I'll admit that while I really do love this one, I'm still tweaking it here and there.  But if you love ranch dressing and eat a raw vegan diet, I'm pretty sure you'll love this one too!

Raw Ranch Dressing or Dip
makes a little over 1 cup

1/2 cup water
3 Tbs gluten-free raw apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp organic Dijon mustard
1 Tbs raw agave nectar
1/2 cup raw hemp heart seeds
1/4 tsp dill weed
1 tsp Mediterranean Basil (or regular basil)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
pinch of sea salt
2 Tbs EVO (extra virgin olive oil)

Put all ingredients into your blender except the EVO, and blend until well combined - it will start to turn white and take on a somewhat creamy consistency.  I use a Vitamix and it only takes around 30 seconds or so, but go with your inner chef.  With blender running, slowly add in the EVO and continue blending a few moments more.  Pour into glass container of choice and put in fridge to chill or use immediately.

This dressing will thicken a bit more after chilled.  It also works great as a light dip for veggies or your finger ;)

Peace,
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind thanks for your comment! ☮Rocki